The all-in-one business law book
Whether you’re just starting a small business, or your business is already up and running, legal questions crop up on an almost daily basis. Ignoring them can threaten your enterprise―but hiring a lawyer to help with routine issues can devastate the bottom line
The Legal Guide for Starting & Running a Small Business has helped more than a quarter million entrepreneurs and business owners master the basics, including how to:
- raise start-up money
- decide between an LLC or other business structure
- save on business taxes
- get licenses and permits
- choose the right insurance
- negotiate contracts and leases
- avoid problems if you’re buying a franchise
- hire and manage employees and independent contractors
- attract and keep customers (and get paid on time), and
limit your liability and protect your personal assets.
This new edition explains how to do all of these things, taking into account coronavirus implications. Whether you’re a sole proprietor or an LLC or corporation, a one-person business operating out of your home, or a company with a large staff leasing space, this book will help you start and run a successful business.
The 17th edition is completely updated with the latest business tax rules and best practices for running a home-based business.